What's to do before we start? Was muss vor dem offiziellen Start noch erledigt werden?
Finalize existing policies Edit
Do we need further policies? Edit
Project namespace Edit
...currently is "Memory Alpha - International Wiki" - shorten to just "Memory Alpha"?
- I'd surely prefer just "Memory Alpha" for a namespace. --Plasmarelais 23:36, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Merge workflow Edit
How do we want to merge language versions into this? Write a smallish workflow and check for potential problems here, like title collisions, interwiki linking, ...
What to do about images? Edit
- Transfer them all with the articles --> may cause several duplicates of images.
- Use images from MA/en instead as a common repository.
Some images has to be transferred anyway, e.g. dubbing actors in the MA/cs: see here
Languages are merged into one page as described here. The big independent MAs always link with a
[[mul:Whatever]] to the basepage/parentpage. This main article has all the interwiki links set to the external languages. These iwl located in the main article are transcluded to the subpages like
Whatever/sr. That should be fine for bot work, far as i see.
- The interwiki links actually need to work properly. This is a Wikia issue.
What languages are we talking about? Edit
I once requested adopting MA/bg, MA/cs, MA/pl, MA/pt, MA/sr, MA/sv, MA/zh-cn. But maybe we should include MA/eo and exclude MA/sv since they have 1300+ pages.
- We should start small, with the possibility of including the larger ones. -- sulfur 12:18, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I had a list somewhere, compiled when this was initially suggested. Basically, sulfur is right - we should at first only consider "small" languages (with "small" ending at perhaps 250 articles?) and, between those, choose just one to start with, then do the others in order of longest inactivity. If that works out, we could see whether bigger ones should be merged, too, or if we want to keep them as-is. -- Cid Highwind 13:06, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
What else needs to be considered? Edit
What else should we consider? Or maybe it's time to start with a couple of pages from one of the smallest languages to see what more problems lay ahead? Could be MA/bg or MA/sr... --Plasmarelais 12:57, November 3, 2011 (UTC)